Firing over very lengthy fields has become very popular, and many individuals consider this a leisure activity helping them pass some time.
Hey there! My name is David and I own a touring company. One of the fun activities that my regular clients like to engage in is hunting. Hunting is an exciting activity and I always take part in this outdoor activity every weekend. Over the years, I have browsed through several rifle scopes purchasing the models that improve my sight and allow me to make precise shots.
In this article, I list down the most ideal scopes for long-range shooters. The scopes mentioned are available at less than $1,500. They are also designed with amazing features and functions making your hunting activity a fun experience.
Best Long-Range Scope Under $1,500 – Comparison Table
The Strike Eagle Focal Plane Riflescope from Vortex Optics
The Viper HS-T Focal Plane Riflescopes from Vortex Optics
The Viper HS LR Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
The VX-5HD Side Focus Riflescope from Leupold
The TR23 AccuPoint Riflescope from Trijicon
The XTR Rifle Scope from Burris Optics
The Tactical Rifle Scope Mil Quad Reticle from SWFA SS
Best Long-Range Scope Under $1,500 comparison overview
This Strike Eagle Focal Plane model is great especially for anybody who is a fan of combat. The scope has excellent adaptability and speed features. You can readjust this scope to achieve a great six power locking your target from very far. This scope has multi-laminated optics and users are guaranteed that they will enjoy an amazing show, with very clear vision even when there is low light.
The BDC reticle is illuminated and this is perfect for adapting to many light settings. This scope works well even in unfavorable weather conditions. It is designed with an O-ring that prevents grime, water, and dirt from getting into the binocular of the scope. Nitrogen gas is also included in constructing this scope. The gas prevents any kind of clouding from within, despite the external conditions.
The dispersion gas is really low and this ensures that the scope remains durable. Ensuring that the concealment is maintained while firing is very important, therefore the scope’s solid enamel glaze provides it with a dull finish that is favorable.
- Users are provided with an optical focusing view that is very clear.
- The color fidelity is enhanced and the brightness is well exploited
- Users can maintain their camouflaged position
- The zoom range is versatile and the magnification is impeccable
- The shooting accuracy is great
- The structure is quite tough ensuring that the scope remains durable and protected against any form of abrasion, wear or decay.
- The parallax setting is placed at only 100 yards.
- The Strike Eagle 1-8x24 is defined by versatility and power. A true one power provides quick target...
- High quality, fully multi-coated lenses deliver a clear, crisp sight picture and optimal low light...
- The illuminated, glass-etched BDC reticle features 11 illumination settings to accomodate for changing...
- Ample eye relief puts in an optimal shooting position and the fast focus dial on the eyepiece ensures...
The Viper HS-T Focal plane model is a beast. It comes with an amazing MOA and is ground to provide you with great accuracy even when firing from a long-range. The lenses of this scope are superior and multi-coated providing you with great color clarity and resolution power.
The XR laminations of this scope provide you with a heightened level of light focusing and the lenses are insulated with the tough coating. To enhance your precision the naked turrets are optimized. The booster turrets as well as the target-style windage come with sub tension marks that can improve your corrections.
The CRS Zero stop allows for the steady restoration to zero. The fiber optic piece works well in clicking on your zeroing yards, and the other piece is matched closer to your eye at the fore area of your scope. Users are guaranteed that they will enjoy a great experience while hunting, firing at targets, and tactical applications.
- Adaptable to different conditions.
- It is weatherproof
- Provides users with a great level of eye relief
- An ideal scope for medium to long-range distance
- The magnification range is quite wide
- It is really strong
- Turrets are strong and can be controlled easily
- The light transmission is great
- Not a great choice for newbies
- The vision clarity could be improved
- It is quite bulky.
- The Viper HS-T 4-16x44 is one of multiple configurations in the Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical)...
- Incorporating our premium, fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses brings excellent resolution...
- The exposed target-style turrets are constructed for precise and repeatable finger-adjustable clicks. A...
- A 4x zoom provides magnification versatility while the side focus parallax adjustment provides optimal...
This Viper HS LR is incredibly flexible. A great choice for close and long-range shooting scenarios. The thread optic index of this rifle ensures that you remain at ease while your turret position is monitored. With this rifle, you are guaranteed that you will benefit from intuitive and functional hold points while your optimal viewing maintains a clear and optimal look.
The dispersion glasses that are incorporated are really low and this increases the resolution as well as the color fidelity. This improves the overall performance of the scope. This scope is manufactured from durable material ensuring that your equipment maintains its great condition. It is also constructed with an O-ring seal as well as argon. This ensures that your scope can function perfectly even during very wet weather conditions.
The lenses are multi-laminated and antireflective improving the light transmission. Very tough coatings safeguard the lenses from any cases of dirt, oil, and scratches.
- The scope is resistant to fog and water
- It is shock-proof
- Designed with high-end optical technology
- For an additional level of protection, the reticle is placed onto the glass
- Works well in any kind of weather
- It is light in weight
- The imperial units may prove to be confusing for some users.
- The Viper PST Gen II takes incredible performance and rock solid tactical features to new heights. The...
- Shooters who dial their turrets for bullet drop and wind compensation will appreciate the laser etched...
- The reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains...
- Extra-low dispersion glass increases resolution and color fidelity. XR fully multi-coated lenses increase...
This model is designed to provide you with amazing image quality even when you are exposed to a harsh level of light. The firing process is simplified by getting rid of your need for ballistic calculations and holdovers. Users get to make use of a dial that is designed well for your ammo and your rifle.
This scope has a really large magnification range that allows you to take advantage of any situation. With the twilight management function, you get to make use of shooting light up to 30 minutes. The side focus parallax adjustment will also give you the chance to enjoy parallax focusing easily and very fast.
The lens is coated with a guard-ion safeguarding your scope from any kind of dirt, moisture, and scratches. The body tube is constructed with very strong materials, exploring a better range of elevation adjustment and windage. It is also manufactured with an argon gas blend that safeguards the scope from any kind of thermal shock. This also reduces the gas diffusion found in the interior area of your scope.
- It is light in weight
- It is resistant to water, fog and shock
- Gets rid of any kind of backlash and stress exerted on the scope.
- For an accurate level of long-range shooting, you can make use of a ballistic aiming system
- The low light performance is unparalleled
- The thermal-proof design is improved
- No cons
- Leupold Model #171716: VX-5HD 3-15x44mm with Impact-29 MOA CDS reticle and Matte finish.
- 100% Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- Zero Lock CDS (Custom Dial System) - simplifies longer shots by eliminating the need for holdovers or...
- Twilight Max HD Light Management system- adds up to 30 minutes of shooting light, best in class glare...
The TR23 AccuPoint model has a great design that allows you to modify the contrast and brightness level of the reticle. It is a great fit for varmint hunters, shooters, and even snipers. Users are provided with a battery-free illumination and it also comes with adjuster controls. This scope is also very attractive.
The scope also comes with a basic duplex crosshair, that provides you with an accurate aiming point without having to use any kind of batteries. The lenses are multi-coated providing you with an optimal level of clarity and light-gathering capabilities. It is also constructed with a rugged all-weather construction feature that protects the scope from external factors that could compromise the functions of the tool.
To improve the accuracy when firing at a long-range, there is the parallax adjuster on the side. This adjuster ensures that you can improve on your long-range shooting skills. A great number of shooting positions are accommodated and the rifle configurations perfectly suit your style.
- Users can use this scope confidently no matter the light that they are exposed to.
- Different types of rifle configurations and shooting positions are accommodated.
- The adjuster styles are adaptable suiting a great number of applications
- The elevation adjustment, as well as the windage, is quite generous providing you with a maximum level of total travel
- It is very durable for an increased level of durability
- The light transmission provided is excellent
- It is bulky
- SUPERIOR QUALITY LENSES: Multi-coated lenses provide superior clarity and light gathering capabilities...
- BATTERY-FREE ILLUMINATION: Fiber optic technology automatically adjusts the brightness level and contrast...
- AIRCRAFT-GRADE ALUMINUM HOUSING: All-weather rugged construction protects against the toughest elements
- SECOND FOCAL PLANE RETICLE: Reticle size remains constant as magnification increases which provides a...
This rifle scope is specially designed for tactical operations and competitions. This scope is designed with precision adjustment features, Zero Click Stop technology, and a 5x zoom system. This gives you the chance to achieve a maximum level of accuracy. The optical glass is of premium level and there is also an index-matched multi-coat that enhances the light transmission. This gives you a chance to enjoy crystal clear images as well as a reduced glare.
The body tubes are filled with nitrogen and are securely sealed ensuring that they are protected from fog and water. The one-tube design ensures that the scope remains shock-proof and durable optimally handling the harsh recoil function from your rifle.
This model is a great choice for long-distance shooting. You are provided with high-grade optical glass that is clear. You can also enjoy a bright and excellent vision with a lasting level of durability. The scope also benefits from a great set of amazing tactical turrets for parallax adjustment and windage elevation.
- Designed with great lenses all around
- Functions properly in all weather conditions
- The elevation of turrets and windage is excellent
- The vision provided is quite clear
- Great level of versatility and durability
- Much heavier than other scopes in the market.
- Designed for serious, technical, long-range precision rifle shooters, both tactical and competitive;...
- Versatile 5x zoom system allows for a larger field of view at close ranges and better target acquisition...
- Zero Click Stop adjustment knobs for quickly and easily reverting back to the original yardage setting...
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability;...
If you are looking for a rock-solid scope with very clear glass, this tactical rifle scope is just what you need. This optic can withstand recoil from .50caliber rifles. The coting that is used to manufacture the lenses can improve the contrast. This allows you to easily spot your target.
The reticle and turrets are both set in mRad and that gives you a lot of confidence when using both functions for adjustment. This optic is a great choice for all your long-distance shooting activities. It is strong, light in weight, and the reticle is illuminated giving you the chance to land your shot. The magnification settings are very impressive and the objective lenses are a lot more beneficial.
- The scope can afford a large range of adjustability
- Can be used in any weather conditions
- A great choice for medium to long range shooting
- The magnification range is very wide
- Designed with durable material
- Provides you with a lot of speed and accuracy at all times.
- No Cons
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Long-Range Scope Under $1,500
The construction of your scope is very important. This is because rounds fired from a long distance tend to be very powerful and the recoil is quite heavy. This means that you require a tough optic that can withstand such factors.
In addition, an optic that van withstand environmental elements such as snow, fog, and rain is a great choice. Therefore, your optic should be well constructed to prevent any kind of dirt or moisture from accumulating in the tubes.
When shooting long range, you require a very powerful optic. That is why it is vital that you consider the size of your target as well as your range. Long-range shooters, do not necessarily need a scope that is over 25X. A power optic with a really large magnification scope may be heavier than other optics in the industry. These types of rifles are also more expensive.
The Eye Relief
The eye relief is a term used to refer to the distance from the rear lens of your optics to your eye. Long-range rifles are designed to release a very big and heavy bullet at a long distance. This requires a lot of effort. A lot of effort translates to a lot of recoils.
A scope will push back towards your face as soon as you fire. Therefore, a scope with a short eye relief may leave a bad black eye. For a hard-hitting and powerful round, the ideal eye relief is 3.6 inches. The eye relief may be modified with the scope magnification level. Therefore. It is important that you pay special attention to all the numbers.
The turret is used to refer to the gadget placed on the top and the side of an optic. The turret is used to modify the reticle. Turrets are important tools. They come in handy when dialing an optic for any kind of long-range firing activity. If you are equipped with an ideal set of turrets, you are assured that you will make a big difference in the field or any kind of tactical environment.
The turrets are used to provide an exact level of adjustment to the optic. These adjustments make it a lot easier for you to put in a precise zero onto your rifle.
The Reticle Options
With the reticle options, users get the chance to choose from so many options. Every company comes with their special version of long-range reticles and choosing the most ideal reticle for you can get tricky.
The reticle that you choose basically depends on your own preference and goal. Your reticle should not block any target that is evident in a long-range. Illuminated reticles as well as elevation and windage pyramids are an ideal option even for long-range shooters.
The glass is one of the most important aspects that must be considered. It is the most important aspect that will allow you to view your target. That is why you must purchase a great quality glass. When firing at a long-range, a glass of very high quality is important giving you the chance to view the target especially when you are working in very low light situations.
Long-range shooting is a very demanding activity. Thay is why it is important to ensure that you are equipped with the proper tools allowing you to comfortably face the task. The scopes mentioned in this review are guaranteed to ensure that your experience is much better. With the right kind of accessories, you will perfect and enjoy the art of long-range shooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a spotting scope?
A spotting scope is a telescope designed with very high magnification. These types of telescopes are used for observing images at a very long distance. They also work well in viewing details present at a medium distance.
What do I need to use my spotting scope?
A pair of binoculars is the best option for most shooters who are firing at a long-range. Many shooters also equip themselves with a tripod stand to mount the scope. This improves overall stability.
What is the best way to improve your long-range shooting abilities?
There are two very effective ways guaranteed to improve your abilities. First, you should take some time to practice. You can practice from the comfort of your own home with dry-fire techniques. Secondly, you can improve your wind assessment skills. This will give you an edge over others making your long-range shooting skills so much better.